Training is offered at no cost. / La capacitación se ofrece sin costo
Upcoming Class Dates
September 24: 8 am - 5 pm Adult Mental Health First Aid-
Oct 17 & Oct 18: TWO DAY EVENT 5 pm - 9 pm Adult Mental Health First Aid-
November 19: 8 am - 5 pm Adult Mental Health First Aid-
December 2: 8 am - 5 pm Adult Mental Health First Aid-
Training is appropriate for ages 16+.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Who Should Take it
• Police officers
• Hospital staff
• First responders
• Faith leaders
• Community members
• Caring individuals
What it Covers
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a person in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
• NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care