Thank you for your interest in working with the Fallbrook Regional Health District. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team.
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Board ClerkJob Description Executive Assistant_Board Clerk 09222022.pdf
The Executive Assistant/Board Clerk provides executive, administrative, and governance support to the CEO and Board of Directors; work that requires the use of independent judgment and initiative. The Executive Assistant/Board Clerk performs highly responsible, confidential and complex administrative and secretarial work for the CEO; and some secretarial support and assistance to the Board of Directors as assigned. This position is expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise and initiative in maintaining efficient and effective administrative operations that are consistent with Board policies and the administrative guidelines established by the CEO. As Board Clerk this position serves as a liaison between the Board of Directors, outside government officials, and members of the public in response to inquiries, with limited Board direction.
- Plans, organizes, and integrates the administrative work of the CEO's office;
- Works with the CEO to manage and administer the District’s Community Health Contract Grant program;
- Responds to California Public Records Act Requests in compliance with state or federal law in conjunction with District General Counsel.;
- Manages the District’s warehousing and requests for copies of Medical Records from the Fallbrook Hospital;
- Develops best practices for document management and retrieval; maintains agreements, memorandums of understanding, and contracts;
- Works with administrative and programs staff to ensure the District’s website is current;
- Acts as an administrative secretary to the Board of Directors; preparing and coordinating resolutions, ordinances and minutes of board meetings;
- Prepares a variety of Board and committee documents, including required board memoranda and resolutions; prepares communications to all parties and agencies involved in the process; prepares legal notifications;
- Attends board and committee meetings and coordinates meeting logistics, arrangements and other required support; oversees and coordinates the preparation of the agenda, as well as the assembly and distribution of agenda packets; records roll call votes on agenda items; ensures compliance with legal requirements governing public notice of meetings and the conduct of closed sessions; ensures the drafting of the official meeting minutes and prepares summaries of board meetings and other district meetings;
- Ensures, tracks and maintains records of compliance by elected officials and staff with mandatory trainings in sexual harassment prevention and ethics laws;
- Attends and participates in community events as related to the provision of services of the District;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other District staff members;
- All other duties as assigned.
The Executive Assistant/Board Clerk is expected to have strong computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position requires exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. A talent for developing strong interpersonal relationship and consensus building is preferred. Possess the ability to work effectively and patiently with individuals with age related, cognitive or physical limitations.
Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
State and local laws, and other legal requirements applicable to the governmental structure of the District and specifically related to the functions and operations of the Board of Directors and the CEO. The principles of written English including proper grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary; advanced methods of classifying, indexing, processing, retrieving, and controlling documents; and maintenance of public records.
- Education: High school graduation or GED. An associate's or bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience: Four years of progressively responsible and complex administrative and secretarial experience.
- Sitting: Prolonged periods in a seated position while working on a computer.
- Talking: Expresses ideas and shares information by means of spoken word and by telephone.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to receive communication in person and by telephone.
- Hands/Arms: Operates computer for up to 9 hours per day.
- Vision: Reads written or video messages for up to 8 hours per day.
Organization Culture: Ability to work independently and/or as a team member. Ability to perform work in a creative, energetic and self-directive manner.
Work Hours: The Executive Assistant/Board Clerk is a full-time position. The organization core operating hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; however occasional evening and/or weekend appointments may be required. At least one evening per month will be required. Occasional travel may be involved.
Salary Range and Benefits: $20.00 to $45.00 per hour, non-exempt. Health and retirement benefits are available.
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Applications can be submitted online here or via email to the CEO at RMason@fallbrookhealth.org.