Hello Fitness Family!
February is Heart Health Month. Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women in the United States. People tend to think of heart disease as more prevalent in men, but the American Heart Association says that heart disease kills “one woman every 80 seconds.” But there is good news for everyone - it can be prevented!
Take Charge of Your Heart Health
- Be Active. Try to get about 150 minutes of physical activity a week. Your heart will thank you. Join us for Fitness Fusion or Healing Yoga for a great way to get those heart healthy minutes in!
- Eat healthy. Eat a heart-healthy diet - even small changes make a difference.
- Quit smoking. Tobacco use affects almost every organ in your body, including your heart.
- Know Your Numbers. High blood pressure and cholesterol can damage your heart and blood vessels. Regular screening will tell you if you need to take action.
- Take Your Meds. Taking your medicine as prescribed is important for managing & controlling your health & well-being.
Here is to Your Heart Health! Ann Wade