Mental Health First Aid
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
PLEAST NOTE THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD AT THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE:
135 S. Brandon Rd., Fallbrook
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Who Should Take it
• Police officers
• Hospital staff
• First responders
• Faith leaders
• Community members
• Caring individuals
What it Covers
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use
• How to interact with a person in crisis
• How to connect the person with help
• NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care
For questions or more information contact Theresa at 760.731.9187 or email@example.com
Presented by Mental Health America of San Diego.